In an ever-changing world who would have thought ‘Anxiety’ would become a part of our life. Whoever you communicate or turn to has come across anxiety, whether mild or severe, occasional or recurring.
Whilst those who look forward to going back to some sort of normality this year, for some this may cause a hindrance in their progress as anxiety starts to seep back in. The longer we leave it by not acknowledging and addressing it, our anxious mind can start to affect us throughout our personal and professional life.
Identifying the Causes and Triggers:
How it Affects us?
How to Overcome these Challenges?
First we need to acknowledge and see what the problem or issue is: Why am I feeling like this? What’s caused me to react like this?
Second it is important to understand and accept the impact on how anxiety is affecting us.
And lastly, act upon it to overcome those situations.
Anxiety can drain us emotionally, mentally and can ultimately prevent us from enjoying things in our daily life. It is up to us to change our way of thinking by being strong and fearless.
Quick Tips – 20 minutes Guide to Reduce Anxiety!
1. Grab a pen and notepad.
2. Take a couple of deep breaths and clear your mind pushing away any thoughts.
3. Visualise on an upcoming situation that you really want to go well.
4. Note down any thoughts, emotions, sounds or words that are affecting you.
5. Next, with each behaviour and emotion add a positive affirmation to it.
Here are some prompts you can use to start of with:
I am ………..
6. With each new positive affirmation, say and repeat it out loud x3.
7. Recall the upcoming situation and notice how you feel?
8. If any doubts, repeat steps 4 to 6.
Are you Pleased with your Outcome?